EVENTS IN APE 2018 :
- Motorbike racing competition “Vaidavas kauss” – 20th of May http://www.vaidavaskauss.lv
- Mountain bike (MTB) competition “Vaidava Cup” – 8th of September http://www.mtb-maratons.lv
- Ape Town celebrations “Ape-90” – 25 to 28th of August http://www.apesnovads.lv
- Cross-border fair in Ape – 13th of May and 23th of September. http://www.apesnovads.lv
Where to stay overnight?
- Guest house „Melderi” (46 places), venue for seminars and banquets (80 pl.) – 20379986 (Anita) firstname.lastname@example.org, 29496005 (Dzintars) email@example.com
- Guest house „Kalnarušķi” (60 places) (+ catering, venue for seminars (100/30 pl.), sideshow trail , viewing tower, carp fishing, rabbits, goats) – 26594554 (Aigija) kalnaruski.lv firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two holiday cottages in „Jaunvosi”(13 places email@example.com 26116845 (Anita)
- Place for accommodation „Kalpaki” (8 places) – 29160419,
- Place for accommodation in Davis Ozoliņš Ape Secondary school (20 places, during school holidays) –
643 55109, 222049209 (Viktors), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to hAVE A MEAL?
- Z/s „Kalnarušķi” cafe „KRODZIŅŠ” in Ape (50 +30 pl.), tel. 26594554. Mon to Fri 12.00- 16.00 Groups are advised to book beforehand, as well as for arranging additional opening times. kalnaruski.lv , email email@example.com
- Country house „Kalnarušķi” (100/30 p.) tel. 26594554. (It is advisable to book in advance, catering in other venues also possible) kalnaruski.lv , email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trout catching in fish nursery “Grubefish”- you can catch, grill and have it smoked on the spot. Accommodation in holiday cottages. 29355117 (Kalvis) email@example.com
WhaT ARE THE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN APE AND ITS’ REGION?
- The historical centre of the town has unique dolomite buildings and the cobble-stone paved Pasta Street, the newy built Ape Protestant Church;
- „Witches cliffs”- an ancient sandstone outcrop of the river Vaidava (near to Ape Secondary school)
- The mightiest white willow (Salix alba) in Europe (10,75 m) by the farmstead „Dzenīši”, near the motorbike trail;
- The Old School and Davis Ozoliņš park; the monument for this outstanding teacher and folklorist in “Dauškani”;
- Ozoliņš Ape Secondary School and its’ museum in Pasta Street 26 (t. 643 55109,26182668),
- The memorial stone of the mathematician Aivars Liepa in front of Ape Secondary school;
- The smallest pine-tree in Latvia near Parka Street,
- The memorial house of Elīna Zālīte in 24 Dzirnavu Street – tel. 26388665 (M. Kaktiņa), firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Zīļi” sacred spring (tent places, tel.29163907 – Aigars);
- Hydropower station Grube HPS and one of the greatest waterfalls in Latvia, a dolomite outcrop in Grube, historical water powered turbines, tel. 29496005 (Dz. Raibekazs)
- Monument for the freedom fighters of Latvia at the Town cemetery in Ape;
- Warrior’s cemetery in Vaidava Street;
- Memorial place for the freedom fighters of Latvia in 1919 in “Rušķi”;
- “Devil’s-foot” stone in Lūšakrogs (visit with a guide, tel. 29439207- Astra);
- Kalekaura lake near to the Estonian border (tent places –tel.29158386-Gvido, 29460168 -Aivo)
- Tree nursery “Miķeļi” (29429008 – Ojārs) mikeli.lv